Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL500 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemateoisc

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hey All, I have a know good robot, but I can't get the tray to move. I tried leveling the tray with a level. I made sure that all sensors were triggered. Is ther any thing else that I should keep in mind when working on the SL500 robots?

Early versions of the robot (part number 314558xxx) have a bad habit of jamming against the front cover of the SL500 base module. If the tray will not lower out of the robot enclosure during the init then this could be the problem. You have to put a slight bend the front panel metalwork with a flat screwdriver to create enough of a gap for the tray to drop out of the enclosure.

Am ordering an SL500 library with 8 LTO4 drives.
Will be configured in a brand new Netbackup 6.5 environment.
Anything you all would suggest prior to receiving / setting library up?

Hello hpuxrules,

If you have yet to purchase it you might want to consider the HP-EMLe instead. It is the HP badged version of the Sun SL500, but uses HP firmware so that the the library can be managed from CVTL and L&TT software. If you buy the Sun version you are locked into Sun maintenance. Third party maintainers can do the hardware OK, but Sun only offer firmware upgrades for Sun maintained machines. HP are much more open and publish everything you need on their public web site.

Also, if you are going to stick with LTO4 for a few years, then the STK L700 or STK L1400 supports LTO4, is maintainable by anybody, and costs buttons these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back