Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL500 op-opanel issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemateoisc

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hey everyone,
I have an SL500 and the library boots up fine, but the op-panel is having issues. The op-panel will show stk and then some version levels, but after that it will go blank. Does any one have any input on this matter? Thanks kind regards!

There is a known fault with these panels where bad resistor components cause the panel to default to insufficient brightness settings.

If this is your problem then you need a new panel. It can temporarily (until the next power off) be corrected by navigating the blacked out screen menus to the area where you turn up the brightness.

Referencing the pictures in the panel user guide PDF might help you do this, otherwise...

...use the force young Luke!

STKman...
Nice to know this about the SL500.
I've had to play that game with some STK systems in the past.
Iceberg systems maybe? Big fun anyway.
TE

Well knowing that MR STKman. Is there a certain resistor that is commonly faulted? or does it vary case by case with this issue. Another thing I noticed is when the library comes to an idel I'll touch the screen and it would quickly say saver on and then the screen would be blank. Would this fall under the same issue as the commonly know errors with the resistors?

Sorry, I don't know which resistor(s) cause the problem. You would think if the panel is working OK then touching it to cancel a screen saver would keep it lit up.

I work on the HP EMLe, the HP badged version of the SL500. The EML has had this problem, and HP released this tek tip:

I don't know if the pictures they supply in that link will help for the SL500 as HP use a customized menu. The EML has an extra card cage so it can be controlled by HP's Command View software rather than Streamline Console.

Ok I tried to use the touch screen but I wasn't able to use it. I will try and test all the resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back