Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL500 Hardware levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekAndy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
What are the major hardware level differences between the robots? I see level 2 and level 3. Are they interchangable?

Andy

Hardware wise yes, but it looks like the latest robots need level 1300 code due to a change of barcode scanner.

Thanks STKMAN, we seem to be having some issues with our SL500 that we use for testing. We have three different robots, that will NOT drop do3wn from the celing....but give not service required light. These same robots work fine in a newer base unit........I haven't figured this one out yet.

Andy

On the base unit where they will not drop down, try taking out the top screws that secure the front of the base unit, and add a thin washer behind the metalwork. The aim is to shim the top edge of the front cover, allowing more room for the front of the robot tray to drop down without catching on the metalwork.

If that is not the issue then compare RLC code levels between the worker and non worker. There was another EC about level 1200 that effected compatibility.

Hey STKMAN.....the SL500 we are having problems with is at a Firmware level of 1022.....and the other one that the robots work in is at a firmware level of 1126. Most noticable of the changes, is that all of the LEDs on the front panel light up when powered on, then off when the robot init starts with the 1126 level. The lower level shows NO LEDs on power-up, and then the activity light blinks when robot init starts.

Andy

Hey STKMAN, do still have my Email address? I'm looking to source some parts in Germany. Shoot me an Email if you can.

Andy

The Robot on the 1022 version will work just as well on the higher code levels. One of the major changes was the way the roboic unit is secured into position. Beware going to level 13 because there is a password change at that level. If you do not know the password you will be lost. I would not advise going above 12.

Thanks Chris, we actually got our Sl500 working again. We had to chagne the backplane. I'm not sure what happened to the original one. We couldn't find any bent/pushed pins or blown fuses. But the replacement works fine.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back