Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 IP Phone, Local and Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephoneguy20

Technical User
Dec 9, 2020
CA
Hello,

Is it possible to have an IP Phone be taken home by a user setup for both local and remote, without making any changes when they take it home?
Currently I have a local phone setup and working based on the guides from NTAC, but as soon as you enable the Dynamic NAT on the phone it wont connect locally anymore...

Thanks

You could set up a VPN to the remote location so that the phone thinks it is on the work network.

Sorry, I am trying to use the vpnless feature for remote phones using napt. I was just curious if there was a way for the IP phones to roam between both.

I am used to Panasonic Remote+Local and you could setup 2 Pbxs on the phone and it would switch between them if the user takes the phone remote.

Thanks

Sorry but it seems you are suggesting unencrypted voice over the internet, something I would not recommend. You could use an SBC but that would up the cost considerably!

Well Panasonic had built in Media Relay Gateway, With SRTP, just not sure if the NEC does... New to the NEC, just trying to see what's possible.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back