Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 Individual trunk access issue - Open for other suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimboy_qmart

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2024
RO
Hey guys,

New guy on the block when it comes to telephony. Just got a couple of SL2100 and I took it upon myself to configure them.

We're upgrading from some anicent Alcatel PBXs and I'm having a hard time dealing with ARS /F-Route (none of the documentation I managed to find didn't help me on this matter so here I am).

With our Alcatel PBXs we have a couple of routes in place, meaning dialing 1xx,2xx or 3xx will call the other Alcatel PBXs from our other offices. In each office we have a POTS line, a ISDN line and Cellular gateway. In the old configurations when you would be dialing a mobile phone number, it would get routed to the CG and if you were to dial anything else (except extensions) it would get routed to either the POTS line or the ISDN line.

Since I'm still figuring things out, I connected the Alcatel PBX to the NEC one via a telehpone cable, in the Alcatel PBX I connected it to extension 180 and on the NEC I used the CO1.

What I'm trying to do is the same thing that's currently on our Alcatel PBX, if you're dialing a mobile phone, use the CG, if you're dialing anything else, use the POTS or ISDN.

I went through all the manual trying to figure things out, but I guess those manuals are intended for people that have some knowledge of telephone systems. So any help with figuring it out will be appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. regarding dialing 1xx, 2xx, 3xx on the NEC PBXs, I already configured SLnet between the 3 and it's working.

How do you know it's a mobile phone? Certain area codes? I am intrigued...

Hi Coral,

In my country numbers starting with 7 are mobile phones, e.g 72xxxxxxx is Provider 1, 75xxxxxxx is Provider 2 and so on. In my case we don't do international calls, so no need to keep that in mind

Thanks!

Just go into ARS assign your dial tables.

ie 72@@@ and assign the trunk group you want to go out over.

You can also use f-route so that you can set a trunk group priority in cast you need to rollover to open lines in that froute table.

So I have 0 as my trunk access code, and in 26-02 I should have the first entry like 07@@@@@@@@ or 7@@@@@@@@?

Also, just so I learn something out of this, ARS is just a glorified routing table from networking? Basically it analyzes the number you dial and send you to the desired trunk?

Regarding the last part of your message, how exactly does F-Route work?

Also, in theory, I should set my CG to the last trunk possible or it doesn't matter as long as ARS is set up?

Due to cost concerns, I'd like for the CG to be used only when dialing mobile phone numbers.

Thanks!

No, 0 is access to ARS when you activate it. You leave the 0 out.

F-route allows you to have a trunk group priority. So I ASSUME you have define all your trunks into separate trunk groups..you should have.

SO, ie

72@@@ f-route say table 1

then in that f-foute

you put in what trunk groups you want in order. Say 1 2 3

You can also define max digits so it dials faster.

LOGIC is used for ARS tables.

ie

if you define @@@ at your first one its going to use that for every single dial out.

This is why you define your digits first THEN do the wildcard for all others.

Hey again,

So in 14-05 I have 7 available trunks due to the cards installed in the system, each trunk has it's own trunk group and priority from 1-7.

Now do the settings I'm doing in 26-02 work despite not having ARS enabled?

In 44-05 Table 1, I'm setting my 2 POTS as priority 1 and 2, the ISDN as 3 and the CG as 4.

Now in 26-02 I'm setting the first table entry to 7@@@@@@@@ Service type (F-Route Access) and that's all for mobile phones?

As I've mentioned, I'm still new when it comes to PBXs.

Thanks!

Ok, you don't need a trunk group for every trunk. Just per line group. Priority is set PER group.

ie

tg1 1 2 3
tg2 1
tg3 1 2 3 4

etc.

If you set 7@@@ then EVERYTHING that starts with 7 will go out that f-route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back