Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 in Australia - find firmware version without PC Pro? Get firmware updates, PC Pro to suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffinOz

Technical User
Aug 19, 2023
AU
thread937-1781026

Situation. Have acquired an SL2100 and 2 digital phones I intend to use in my workshops and house as an internal phone system. Plan to get some more digital handsets to bring it up to 8 which it has space for.

Seems to be from around 2017. also has one analog DECT handset connected. Was connected to NBN by a little Cisco ATA to Router black box instead of using the onboard IP setup for some odd reason. Simpler perhaps.

Not important as I'm not connecting it to the net at this stage, purely internal phones.

I'm aware of PC Pro for programming these, however I'm in Australia and apparently the US (and presumably EU) version of it won't work. Also I'm not aware what firmware version it has, given it was installed and apparently never touched, it's probably got what it shipped with circa 2017 when it was installed. So not sure which version of PC Pro, or where to find it.

Anyone in Australia with experience with these willing to offer advice and links to software etc. I've found some programming manuals but some guidance would be helpful and would much prefer to use PC Pro or similar to tweak it rather than tedious phone keypads.

At a later time might consider moving to VOIP and IP handsets, but for now I just need to get it working and add some extra handsets as I get them.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Geoff
ETWebs

Ok, thanks for all that.

Didn't even know Web Pro was built in. I'm in. Everything was at defaults except the trunk and extension details.
Last PABX I played with was an old Telstra Commander system, this is MUCH easier to configure.

FW was 1.2 or something... updated to 5.2, renamed existing extensions etc.
Working fine.

For some odd reason they used a Cisco ATA to feed the trunks in from NBN instead of the onboard SIP.
Unsure why you'd do that on a SIP capable PABX but ok.

There's only one ethernet port, so as I understand it, I need to give it two IPs, one for Admin, one for VOIP, so IP Phones will get IP addresses from the existing router's DHCP server, so both IPs I assign to the SL2100 will need to be in that range (192.168.11.x) so they are all in the same IP subnet.

Everything else seems straight forward, date, time and time zone were all wrong, obviously never been set properly for some odd reason.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards

Geoff
ETWebs.

Ok, odd problem.

Have some IP handsets coming, so trying to set the VOIP IP address.
Accepts the IP but not the network mask of 255.255.255.0
Main interface is set to 192.168.11.247 with a mask of 255.255.255.0
so I set the VOIP IP to 192.168.11.248 (and yes, not assigned or in the DHCP range, that's restricted to below .200, I have fixed IP stuff (DNS, some switches, PXE Server, NAS, Windows Server etc at 250 and above)

Get this effect when I try to set the VOIP Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0
It reverts to the previous setting (255.255.0.0)

There were errors when trying to apply the changes
IP Address 192.168.11.247
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
VOIP IP Address 192.168.11.248
VOIP Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0
Tel/Web Programming Automatic Logout Interval 900
Web Programming TCP Port(HTTPS)443
Year 23
Month August
Day 20
Customer Name ETWebs

It accepts 255.255.0.0 but not 255.255.255.0 despite it being in the pick list.
Any idea why?
I guess I can leave it at 255.255.0.0, it will 'see' anything on the lan in 192.168.x.x but I guess that doesn't matter, provided it can see the GW etc when I need it to later.
DHCP server is in the Internet router and will assign 192.168.11.x with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, so I'm uncertain if that will stop IP phones that get an address from it 'seeing' the SL2100.

Any idea what's going on here? I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, but I don't understand why it rejects a perfectly valid subnet mask. It was prev set to defaults (172.whatever) and 255.255.0.0.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Geoff
ETWebs

For your Ozzie requirements.

Main interface and VoIP interface can not be in the same subnet range and normally it is recommended that when you set a Voip (10-12-09) IP address, you set the main (10-12-01) to 0.0.0.0 Normally when I want the VoIP address to be in the 192.168 range, I change the main to the 172.168 range (swapping the defaults), this works as they are in different ranges (but still not the recommended way). Note this is still the case when you are only using the one port to do both jobs. The only reason to retain the 10-12-01 address when going VoIP is as a safety net incase you need to direct access the system for some strange reason and don't want to use the VoIP address range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back