Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL1100 not boot after installing MEMDB card but is IP4WW-MEMDB-C1 & not a IP4EU-MEMDB-C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bignose_2

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2019
GB
Hi,

I bought from ebay Australia the VOIP db including a MEMDB-C1 card, third the price of uk even including delivery.

However, either one or the other or both are both faulty or incompatible but suspect the MEM card as only just noticed different in product numbers.

I installed both at same time, factory reset & would not start, blue LED to begin then after 2 mins just Red LED & nothing on system phone even after 10 minutes.

I removed the MEMDB card & it re started fine & worked as before. I did upload my old config as wanted to make sure OK so although does not NOW seem to see the VOIP db card. I downloaded the configuration using PC Pro but the VOIP card does not show. Either this card is also faulty/Incompatible or does not show up unless a mem card is installed. Would be handy if anyone knows before I go & try & source just another mem card.

I did notice in Oz the card is listed IP4WW-MEMDB-C1 but here IP4EU-MEMDB-C1. I hope the same does not apply to the VOIP card but the product numbers here are at least the same.
In my mind the MEMDB card must be the one item most likely to be universally compatible so very surprised.

I could not see anything in the manual to suggest I needed to make any other changes or links for the mem card, It seems to be auto detected.
I have not yet removed the VOIP card to test MEM on its own. Did not want to risk damaging the CCU trying to pop out the clips & remove unless really likely to help. Also system down time it tricky.

I really did not want to have to upgrade the the 2100 & all the programming but quickly could end up getting just as expensive.

Thanks I/A

FYI, in the US, every KSU comes with the MEMDB installed. It is not even listed as a separate part in the HW manual.

• VMDB/MEMDB are initially equipped on the IP4NA-CPUB1.
As for converting to a SL2100, you will need to do a re-key. The dbase is not compatible. Using PCPro and excel cut and paste it can go quickly.

The cards are region specific and I believe are not compatible. Try telephone wreckers or west coast phones or Silver communications. Whereabouts in Oz are you?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry, forgot to mention I am in the UK!

For some reason the voip & or mem cards are silly money in the uk £200 eBay for the pair, if you can find them.
I got the 2 delivered all the way for £75 so thought worth a punt and oddly the voip card is exactly the same product code & did not check the mem card, assumed if anything was likely to be incompatible it would be the voip card & was assured by the seller that he had sold plenty to the UK & not had a problem but perhaps just the voip cards & perhaps others already had the mem card for voicemail etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back