Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL1100 Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameside

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2018
GB
Hi.

I am looking at the night service to alter DDIs out of hours.

At the moment, night service mode 2 points DDIs to an auto-attendant message and mailboxes. During the day, the DDIs point to ring groups. The night service is set via timer and and also a button on one phone which is switching mode 1 to 2 and back.

I can see there are 4 different night mode service groups, but each one can be set to toggle through 1-2, 1-3, 1-8 for example. Is there no way to make the groups toggle 1-2, 3-4?

I would like to have different night modes for different ring groups as people go home at different times at the moment. I was hoping to have a night mode button on a phone in each in ring group, and have that affect the DDI for that ring group, and no other ring groups. If that makes sense?

I don't think I understand the "night mode service groups (x4)" vs the modes (x8).

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Is there no way to make the groups toggle 1-2, 3-4? That should be in MB 12-08.
You have 8 modes available. If you have so many, then maybe it's best to send the caller to a AA prompt with options to outdial the specific phone number.
To use 22-11, (8 modes) you would need to divide the tables to the modes in 22-10 + 22-13, then in 22-11.

Thanks.

I have a couple groups setup in 22-10 and 20-13 referencing the 22-11, and use mode 1 and 2. This affects all DDI groups though.

I only use one group in 12-08 to select between 1-2.

I wasn’t sure if I could have a button toggle 1-2 on one phone and on another phone a button to toggle 6-8 for example.

There’s 3 advertised DDI numbers ringing 3 groups of phones, we don’t want an attendant during opening hours. When a department goes home, it would be good if they could set “their” night mode to on, but ignoring others. I can’t see it’s possible :-/

I’m not exactly sure how to use 12-08.

Ok so in 12-08 you will notice that you have 4 groups that you can set how many modes each group has this is because you have 4 separate and independent groups you can switch. 12-05 & 06 allow you to group the extensions and lines into those groups. In 12-02 you can set time patterns to each group (there is a drop down box to select which group you are programming). I think you will find that the night key placed on an extension only affects the group it is in.

Yes, this is my understanding, but it only affects line groups? I only have one line group, but 3 DDIs used as 3 x main numbers to 3 x incoming groups.

I can't see how to use different translation table areas for different night service groups, just night modes?

The only way I can see to do it is to use 8 night modes as below, but this seems too tricky for users to switch manually.

DDI translations: MB;
22-13, TkGp 1 to mode 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etcto 8 to 8
22-10, table area 01, 1st area start 1, end 100, 2nd area start 101 to 200
All able areas 1st start to end is the same 1-100. These tables will not follow mode switching. Use then or personal DID or FAX numbers.
02, 1-100, 201-300
03, 2nd area 301-400
04, 2nd area 401-500
05, 2nd area 501-600, etc. If 100 tables is too much then set it up with only 50 per. 1-50, 51-100, 1-50, 101-151, etc.
12-08, assign the number of modes to be switched, EX: 1-2, 1-4, 1-8, etc.
A toggle night key will switch the modes. 15-07, item 09, second data = 0
If you want automatic switching, then 12-01, 12-02 + 12-03 will need to be modified.

12-01, check auto night switching.
12-03, set your days. At default, Sat + Sun goes to 2, always in night mode. M-F goes to 1
12-02 Set your hours. NOTE: the system will not roll past midnight. EX: 00:00-00:08 - to mode 2 usually night mode. 00:08-00:17 to mode 1 day mode.
If you want different hours on Fri, then 12-03, set Fri to 3.
12-03, switch to 3 and set the proper times.

Flameside, You wouldn't by any chance be from OZ as I have seen almost the exact same question being asked on an OZ forum.

No, but I did post in another forum to spread my wings, lol.

I really do appreciate your help.

What is the "2nd area starting/ending address used for?" I have only used the 1st area previously. If you set the the 1st areas all the same, they will always stay constant, but assign the 2nd areas to be different table areas to change with modes 1-8?

I'm not too sure what you mean "22-13, TkGp 1 to mode 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, etcto 8 to 8". Trunk Group 01 is set as table assignment 1 for mode 1, 2 for mode 2, 3 for mode 3 etc. The other trunk groups which are unused are all 1.

As I understand this, set to mode 2, translation table area 2 would then be used. But I really do not get how this can then be a separate "mode 2" for a different office/ring group?

I will have a concentrated look later when I have more time.

Thanks. I do appreciate the input.

The 1st and 2nd address relates to where the sl looks in the DID table mode 1 is 1-50 in default and mode 2 51-100 etc if the sl doesn't find a DID in mode 2 it will default to the mode 1.

Your DID table 3 possible inputs, first being a valid extension then busy/no answer incoming ring group, vrs, dept group and same for next column.

There is a setting where the DID has its own time mode regardless if you set mode 2, i forget how it works though and this maybe what you need.

Hi. Thanks. I get the purpose of the 1st and 2nd addresses now. Thanks.

Looking at the incoming line types, what is DID vs DID Mode Switching?

Thanks belevedere for your detailed list - I think that is already what I have working? I just can't get my head around modes 1-8 in different groups :-/

DID mode switching allows you to set up times/days for different DID night modes. A bit more complex to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back