Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sl1100 locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a two cabinet 1100. No issues for 9 years. Today I move it. System locked up, no dial tone, phone says INITIALIZING. This is only with 1 phone attached. I disconnect the expansion cabinet, all trunks and just one phone, it does it again. I reboot and it comes back, no issue again for 5 hours and then again locked up. I took a backup before moving it. I also have backups from long ago. Should I reseat all the cards? I don't need the expansion cabinet, can I leave it disconnected or should I remove that expansion card? What do you recommend?

No ups. I think I'll get a ups though.

Is it hooked to a network? You might try and removing it and see if it doesn't crash. Otherwise, same old troubleshooting. Weak power supply etc. DOS on the network can cause this as well conflicting IP etc...

It crashed, would not even boot with only one phone attached. I held the red button and rebooted it. Defaulted it with just 1 card. Ran ok, add 2nd 4 x 8 card, ran ok, add third 4x8 card. no workie.

went back to 2 card system and we'll see how long it lasts on my test bench. No other device on the network with the same IP.

Could I take the power supply out of the expansion cabinet and swap that into the main CPU cabinet. They are both of the same age however.

I also noticed some gray deposits on the LAN pins on the circuit board.

I defaulted and reprogrammed the ksu. not too bad. Works ok.

However it seems the voicemail is confused. If I call x116, i get the voicemail for 112. And other things like that. I don't get it. I reboot and problem persists.

Well here in the office with 2-3 phones it works ok, at the customer with 15 -16 (20 req'd) phones it will not work. it resets, locks up and basically shuts off. A similar equipped 2100 works just fine. even with no trunks and no lan attached, it's useless.

If I swap out the power supply is that reasonable part that could have become weak? Can I test the voltage on the power supply from the white connector?

I don't have 16+ Sl1100 phones to put the system under a similar load. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back