Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL1100 Analogue Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBond007

Programmer
Nov 17, 2009
GB
Hi

I'm getting ghost calls on the system, when you answer nobody is there. I recently had to take off 3 featurnet lines and replace them with 3 standard analogue lines and ever since then the customer is getting the ghost calls. I've checked the polarity and all 3 lines are fine. i'm wondering if it's the clear disconnect timer

Any assistance would be great

Test with a butt set ahead of the system. No butt set, use a standard 2500 set.

When it use VRS, it usually comes this problem.

Try setting your clear disconnect timer to 12 and getting the line provider to set at 500ms

I guess this is not ghost call.
This may cause a problem if the caller hangs up while listening to the welcome announcement.
Can you test that way?

There is actually a KB article about this. It is a side tone adjustment. It automatically adjusts the trunks for best performance.

Source NEC KB article ID# 11495
This says it is for the SV8100 and SV9100 but I have seen other versions of this floating on NEC's NTAC knowledgebase that claim this works on the SL 1100 and the SL2100. Worth a try... [highlight #FCE94F]THIS HAS TO BE RUN WHEN THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS IDLE OR IT WILL FAIL[/highlight]. Read the entire article before starting...

Program 90-68-01 performs a series of tests on the selected lines and auto adjusts it to the line's levels.
To do this you must do the following from a telephone:
• Enter system programming by pressing Speaker, then dialing #, *, #, *.
• Password is 12345678, then press the Transfer Key. Next enter 9068 to go to program 90-68-01, then press select.
• At the "Adjustment Start _ " Prompt enter the line number of your first analog trunk, then press Transfer.
• The system will then run a series of tests on that line. Allow the tests to complete. If the line is not an analog line or if the line currently does not have dial tone, you will be returned with "Error".
• Once the tests are complete, you will be presented with "Copy? (1 if Yes)" if you wish to copy the new settings the system has automatically set for this line to your other lines, enter a 1 and then press Transfer. If not, simply press Transfer, then the Answer key several times to back up to a blinking curser on the display and then press the Speaker key to exit.
• It is recommended to run this on each line individually in place of copying the settings since it is possible for each analog lines to have different physical characteristics.
Once the test/tests have been completed the Trunk Blade MUST be reset for the changes to take place.
This procedure should be run in the following cases:
• Upon new install of a SV8100 / SV9100, once the system is installed onsite with the analog lines installed.
• Anytime the system is moved to a new site, once the lines are re-installed at the new location.
• [highlight #FCE94F]Anytime the line source changes such as changing over to a new provider[/highlight].
• Anytime an additional line is added.
• This only applies to analog lines.
Running these procedures often resolves many issues such as echo, poor Speakerphone quality when on outside lines and DTMF reception issues related to an Auto Attendant.

Conditions:
• All phones and trunks must be idle in order to perform the Side Tone Auto Setup test. If any phone or trunk is in use, "Busy" will be displayed when trying to run 90-68-01.
• All phones will become unresponsive while the Side Tone Auto Setup tests are running.

Hope this helps
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back