Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sl1 rls 21.54 not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
I know it's old..lol We have a old ass Meridian Sl1 switch on rls 21.54 that died last night. I have the MDU 4 floppy drive card (ntnd16aa) and the EMSI cards that connect to that. My floppy drive does not spin or light up at all. The hex codes on the emsi cards read 70, and the hex codes on the QPC580 core card reads 085. I read that the hex code 70 means the emsi does not like the floppy software. The hex code 085 points to a bad sdi device. Any clues as to where to begin with this thing? Obviously there are not many docs on this switch.
I already replaced the mdu card but did not change anything.
Thanks

Put a call into Tri Electronics in Hammond, IN. They used to support a huge SL1 hospital system that has since been converted to a CS1000. Mention the Community Healthcare System, Community Hospital in Munster, IN. Someone there might be able to lead you in the right direction.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Thanks, yes I worked with someone who helped get this thing going again. We basically were reading the error codes wrong, we were getting 083, which says to change out all the hardware related to the cpu, which worked! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back