Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Skip a client!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDam

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
BE
How can i skip a client from a group for one backup?? Can somebody help me??

One possible solution is to remove that specific client from the group.
Or you can create a group with autostart disabled and make the client a member of that group.

Yes i know... thank you..
There isn't a other solution???

No, not as far as I know. Let´s say that this is the easiest way to skip the backup of a single client.

Cheep dirty way that will show up as a failure in you report is to stop the clients services for networker..

We have done that once in awhile and it skips the client because you cannot communicate with it..

Stephen

I can be done if you want to write some scripts.

You could create a script that will change the schedule the client uses to a skip. This would require that you change this back or the next backup.

Not so clean but possible.

Have you considered building a special schedule for this client? For example, you can run Sun, Mon, Tue, skip Wed and continue to backup Thu and Sat.
Note: when you skip a day or days, NetWorker will still schedule your client for backup, but will skip all save sets as soon as it detects the skipped day.

example:
--- Successful Save Sets ---

empactstbn: /oradat level=skip, 0 KB 00:00:00 0 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back