Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Skin a cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcts

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
I'm looking for a different way to skin this cat.

I have a custom report/form that has been developed for a client. It breaks out all the PR/Equip/Material costs on a single sheet togther with the revenue items performed and Job to Date totals. This is done using one master table keyed by JOB#/SHEETDATE and linked in a one-to-many relationship to five child tables which are keyed JOB#/SHEETDATE/DOCNO. They have a report that I duplicated which had previously come from a spreadsheet.

Now the rub, they have a job that exceeds the number of records allowed in the equipment tableframe in the report. Previously they would just create another spreadsheet and break it up. Because of the exact proportions of the existing report all the child tables are within the record band and there is no room for growth for the table frames. They want it to automatically break into another page when any of the child tables grow too long for one page of the report.

The only way I can see to do this is by changing the key in all the tables. I am planning to create the answer table (Key JOB#/SHEETDATE/PAGE) and the child tables (key JOB#/SHEETDATE/PAGE/DOCNO) in the private directory and then populate the tables via tcursors. I can hard code the page number change as I populate the tables and then put a page break based on the page#.

If anyone has a different idea, I am interested.

Thanks in advance

JDH

can you use a script to either

use a calc sum in a query with a check box in say the part number field to reduce the line items

or

use a crosstab form to sum row and columns to reduce the number of line items in the table

Rich McN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back