Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Skillgroup RTD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliesp

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
GB
We are using ICM V 5.0 with Nortel Symposium V5.0 and have run into issues with the base / sub skillgroups within ICM.

To put it simply ICM is updating the sub skills correctly, however the base skill is showing agents still logged into it after they have been removed and is out of sync with the sub skills.

We have a managed service and the maintainer is struggling to resolve the issue.

If anyone has seen this issue I'd appreciate a reply, even if they don't know the resolution, as I find it hard to believe we are the only customer with this issue. We operate over 3 sites with 3 duplex PGs and have had the issue at all the sites.

Looking forward to any replies, and very greatful for any help.

You are right not to belive you are the only one.
The issue lies with the Geotel feed from the ACD that is pumping the realtime data to the PG's.

I'm working with a multi PBX site configuration.
The only possible resolution we have been offered it to update the Geotel version running on the ACD. The Geotel is feed ing the PG's but not with up to date Agents grouping changes only status changes.

This is is what we found when running with Avaya G3r's of differing versions. the main base had recently been upgraded to v11 and a new HA CMS server was running a newer Geotel feed than the new site we added into the mix.

One other solution is to stop them changing the agents and let ICM do its job.

But thats just my pile of trouble i'm trying to deal with.

The Nortel/ICM integration has always been a pain, I don't think Nortel are too happy about thrid party tools. However, ICM7 has a tool call AAS which is designed to replicate Symposium data up to the router/logger. I believe you can install it on v5/6 PGs at a cost of about $20k.

Thanks very much for your responses, both of which we investigated, however issue was more fundamental.

Basically when the PIM crashes (which has been happening too frequently) the OPC data gets screwed (technical term).

Cisco have now confirmed that there is an issue with the PIM version we are using and V7 has the same "feature".

A fix is being worked on, I can't wait...

We also have the same issue. We are running ICM 5.0 with Symposium 4.2. Our work around was changing the scripts to route based on the .pri skill group and assigning the .pri to the agents.

We're having our maintainer run an "OPC Exit" each time the PIM crashes which means we're able to continue with minimal impact while the fix is sorted, which should be a couple of weeks.

Exit OPC will restart OPC and clear the buffer, then fail it over to the other PG side. Do you have a defect ID?

Not sure exactly what the issue is, but Cisco are currently preparing a patch for the PIM.

Issue was with the PIM not writing data correctly to the OPC. Patch ES29 has been installed and appears to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back