Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SK99 / Upgraded to Windows 10 and lost calendar data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeltc

Technical User
Aug 6, 2015
US
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I had calendar data in my SK99 for 2013, '14, and '15 before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After upgrading the calendar data for 2013 is still intact, however I am missing the data for 2014 and 2015. Is it possible this data was being stored in a temporary folder location that is now lost or worse, erased after the upgrade to W10?

Howdy,

I don't have the answer you are looking for. I want to continue utilizing SIDEKICK99 but unlike you, I have not been successful at getting it installed on Vista x64, Windows7 x64, or Windows10 x32. I am stuck with using it on XP Professional. Any suggestions you may have about how to install on newer versions would be appreciated. Finally, I seem to have misplaced my installation disk although I do have the Sidekick.exe file.

Thank you.

Using the information from others in the other Sidekick thread I have Sidekick 98 running fine in my Win 7 64bit OS. It is installed in the C root rather than the Program Files (x86) folder that the installation seeks to go to. I selected the option to install it as Sidekick 98 in the C drive root and it works smoothly. Perhaps using Sidekick 98 might work better for you if SK 99 is having problems. I have multiple year calendars stored in the User Data folder of SK98. Look in the other Sidekick thread for where to find the SK 98 installation files if SK99 doesn't work when installed outside the Program Files (x86) folder. It appears that SK is a 16 bit program (or at least was originally in floppy form) and thus won't work when installed in a 64 bit folder. Some have found that SK98 installs and works in the Program Files folder. I am using Win7 Home Premium OS. I understand that Win7 Professional is more user friendly to SK, but it is problematic to upgrade to Win7 Pro now with Win10 upgrade coming. It might work to upgrade Win10 to Pro after an upgrade to Win10 Home. Check out (My info. on installation in Win10 from Win7 Pro. Also There are several entries in the latter that tell where to download SK 98 installation files. I am assuming that all user date files created in SK99 will be understood and opened in SK 98. I haven't used SK99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back