Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SK98 won't print envelopes from XP Home Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

1992plus11

Technical User
Nov 30, 2004
Hello all...

SideKick98 performs flawlessly on my WinXP home OS. With one exception. It will print cards, labels, and address book items but not envelopes. When I try to print an envelope or view one about to be printed, XP sends me the following text box:
"Sidekick 98 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The Box is an XP feature and not one generated by SK98. The one that is meant to send the details to MS.

My printer is a Lexmark OptraR Laser on a standard printer port. The fact that it prints everything else but envelopes has me stymied as to the cause and the solution.

Dear 1992plus11,
I haven't replied until now because I don't have the experience of XP Home that I imagine is require to solve this problem.
Since no-one else has replied I will have a stab at it nonetheless.
1. Have you solved it yet?
2. Have you tried messing with the page layout? (the one that comes up after you
ALT F P L?
3. What model printer do you use?
4. Failing all else you could Install the printer you have but call it a different name this extra printer you could set up using a less modern and more basic PrinterDriver and make that the default one before you try printing from Sidekick.
5. Have you tried compatability MODE.

Let me know how you get on with those suggestions and we can go from there.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back