Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SK98 in W98 mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonarchOne

Technical User
Nov 13, 2013
US
I have SK98 working well under W10 in W98 compatibility mode under admin. Even the toolbar is working again. My question is it unnecessary to update sidekick.exe and the Yntl.dll as long as I am running under W98 compatibility? Also, does SK98 run as well in any other compatibility modes? I very pleased, so far, with running SK98 under W98. Maybe the Windows upgrade curse is finally gone.

Dear MonarchOne
It is a good idea to do the SK98 update that includes these two files. They stop the error message that comes up regarding Invalid ---blah blah blah--- to complete this action Mast.Wk

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Testing SK98 in W98 mode works until W10 does any updates. The update causes the SK98 startup screen to freeze. After installing the Window updates, I must turn my computer off (not just reboot) then wait until the disk drive shows near zero activity. Just curious if this has occurred with other SK users. Even better if someone has a solution. I keep SK going no matter how many difficulties I must overcome. I read that T-mobile now owns the SK software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back