Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sizing Reports - SubReport and Main Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbacchus

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
Hi:

I have been producing a report in landscape mode on regular 8.5 X 11 paper and it was fine. Now I need to change the report to print on LEGAL paper because I am adding additional fields across the top of the report.

The report contains a top summary report (subreport) and the details in the main report. I have tinkered with the "width" controls on the REPORT controls and set it to 12.3 on the sub report. The main report's REPORT control indicates that the report width is 14 and when I change it to 12 it reverts back to 14 after I hit enter. I am also unable to move the "border" to size the main report. I have checked the other sections of the main report to see if there are any other fieds or controls on the right of the report that may be causing this problem - and there aren't any.

I must be missing something --- what is it - please sent me a hint ?

Help will be gladly appreciate. Thanks.

fb

Are there any lines or anything small that can often get hidden amongst the report. I find that often lines are used between sections (e.g. header/detail) and these tend to hide beside the bars that separate the sections.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Thanks Alex. I checked but couldn't find anything other that what I saw. Is there a way to calculate the number of controls in a section ?

fb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back