Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size of the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

akar33

Programmer
Dec 13, 2004
US
Will it effect the performance that one of the table has 152 fields in a database, which will be used by 2 - 3 users for data entry and rest for read only.

This question is probably better addressed to the Microsoft: Access Tables and Relationships forum. That being said, the technical answer is that MS Access allows up to 255 fields in a table. The real answer depends on the fields. If all of the fields are numbers relating to values in other tables, you will probably be ok*. When you start to include text and memo fields, you are greatly increasing the amount of storage and in the performance of the table.

* I would seriously look at the structure of your database if one table is containing all of your information, or if there is a great deal of repeated information in a table.

-Brian-
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back