Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size of dialog box returned by a keyword field using @DbColumn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDSmith

Programmer
May 16, 2002
NO
Hi,

We have a very simple problem which I'm sure there must be a simple answer for!

We have a keyword field defined in Notes which uses a @Dbcolumn to pull back a dialog list.

However, we notice the size of the dialog box containing the list that is returned is very small, some of the text is quite long and you have to use the right and left scroll bars to scroll to the end of the text then back to the beginning. We are using it to select job descriptions and sometimes the descriptions are quite similar except for text at the end, and it would be nice if the box could re-size so that the whole text string could be visible without the use of the left/right scroll bars.

Surely there must be some way I can automatically re-size this dialog box so it will increase to include the whole text string ?? Or is there a way I can specify the size of the box in the field definition ?

Any help appreciated!!

Have you tried creating a layout region which contains the field you wish to use for the @DbColumn lookup?
Make it a keyword field using Combobox, which will give you a drop-down list of around 5 lines. You can then resize this field as wide as possible to make it fit the job descriptions you wish to display.
I hope this is of some help to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back