Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size of 9611g display, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmisclvlv

Vendor
Oct 4, 2022
US
I've often wondered why the size of the 9611g screen in color is smaller than a 9608 which is monochrome and larger.

I would think that they would offer either monochrome DS or color IP but keep the screen size and font size the same.

often times I find I have to really abbreviate words that I would have normally been able to spell out if the display size was lied to her larger on a 9611 g.

For example recently I had to create a enabled disabled page for a conference room phone so they're not annoyed with the paging but they didn't want to use do not disturb because they still needed the phone for inbound and outbound.

I had to reduce the word down to spkr.

The stand is another issue their previous DS sets were wonderful they had the 24 series that allowed you to adjust the stand in several different levels unlike the 96 and 95 which only gives you two options.

Often I find users will stick something under the stand or have it lean way back on their desks against the wall.

The beautiful and award-winning design of the old Nortel 1140e really shows an example of a beautifully designed handset that looks almost similar to what they're coming out with the j series.

Any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back