Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sites and Services info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JemimaS

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
GB
I am getting errors all over the place about my site replication, and I don't know where to start.

Anyone point me to some useful info about this? Preferably which says why to do something not just how.

I have a (new) mixed W2K network with four offices, which I think should/could/might be sites

Yes, look in sites and services if it concerns active directory replication. In there, you define sites by name, and place domain controllers in their respective sites. You also define sites by their subnet so active directory knows if it is going intra or inter site replication. You create replication links between the sites and give the links their cost (administrator defined based on prefered link usage) and you also define by what method replication should occur (you can even do replication by email for really intermittent links) and also the replication frequency. The knowledge consistency checker (KDC) service handles replication between sites from there. I would also check the trusts if you are using NT domain controllers. WINS also has replication settings that are controlled in the WINS management console. DNS replication is controlled by it's DNS console as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back