Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site to site vpn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boymarty24

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
SE
Hi,

I am about to configure a site to site VPN between to ASA. I have no problem setting up the tunnel but i want one ASA to use the HQ ASA as internet gateway. I know this is possible but i havent tried it yet.

Any ideas anyone? If you got any information on Ciscos homepage it would be great.

//Marty

I assume i need to disable all NAT at my remote asa and change the VPN acl to ANY.

in the crypto ACL used to define the interesting traffic you'll want to do like so:
Code:
access-list 101 extended permit ip any any

crypto map <map_name> 10 match address 101
and then bypass NAT:
Code:
acess-list nonat extended permit ip any any

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Thx,

How should the crypto ACL look like at HQ?

access-list 101 extended permit ip 1.1.1.1/24 2.2.2.2/24 or?

the crypto ACL at HQ should include all subnets at the remote site that need to be classified as interesting. if you have 192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24, 192.168.3.0/24 your ACL would be:
access-list 101 extended permit ip any 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
access-list 101 extended permit ip any 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0
access-list 101 extended permit ip any 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Hi,

I have no problems getting the vpn tunnel to work but the clients on the remote network don´t have any internet access. I assume it has something to do with NAT at the HQ side but i can´t figure it out.

I solved it. Added a global outside and now it works like a charm.

Thx buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back