Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site to site vpn on ASA 5505

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha611v

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2012
US
Hi,
I was wondering the answer to a "best practices" question that has been bothering me for a while. When setting up a site to site tunnel between 2 device. Lets say site A's external address is 1.1.1.1/25 and site B's external address is 2.2.2.2/25.

Should you always map the tunnel to the external addresses at each site that you are already using or is it any better to map the tunnel to one of the unused external IP's on that external subnet?

More so, I guess what Im asking is if I keep making future external sites connect to 1.1.1.1 and I going to run into trouble when I want to deploy remote site c, d, etc...?

I always only use the actual outside IP of the ASA. Never seen it done any other way. You are only limited to how many Concurrent VPN's your license allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back