Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site to Site VPN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyup

Programmer
Nov 12, 1998
GY
I have set up a router-to-router VPN connection using Windows 2003 RRAS between a Main and Branch office. The Main Office has 3 other networks. From the Server at the Branch Office i can ping all addresses at the Main Office and from the server at the Main Office i can ping all addresses at the branch office. I have added static routes to enable this. I cannot however do this from the client machines at either end. Please help.

First make sure any firewalls are off or configured to let the traffic through. Next if that isn't it then make sure your DNS is working correctly and all your clients are receiving the correct DNS.

I guess your vpn server is not your default gateway. Add static route on other gateway to use your RRAS server for other subnet

Thank you all for your responses. I have figured out the cause of the problem and it was very silly. The name of the connection must be the same as the account that you are dialing in with or else the traffic is not routed.

Are you sure??? I use different connection name to connect to different server but use same account

Hey i have the same problem and the name of the connection is same as the account i am dialing with. and i cannot ping the client machines on the other side

gajanaik: is this server your default gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back