Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Review Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

treebean

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2002
US
Anyone else want to review my site? Thank you to Spyderix for giving me excellent input. I could use even more feedback and suggestions for improvement.Thanks.

Hi mate,

1) You should use more of the available screen space. On 1024 resolution, the largest part of the page is the outside border.

2) Personally, I think you should remove the Welcome to in the header, there is no need for it, just the company name would look better and make it easier to read.

3) I would move the slogan so that it is under the company name rather than over it. The way you have it the focus is on the slogan rather than the name.

4) Should CRC takes pride in our not be either CRC take pride in their or We take pride in our?

5) Personally, I would rearrange the bottom nav bar to make a more organised layout. Home is usually the first option in a navbar, not the last. Contact should be last so that it stands out from the rest.

Overall, the site looks good, but I feel that it would look a lot better if it adjusted to the users resolution rather than staying static.

Hope this helps Wullie

sales@freshlookdesign.co.uk

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Hi,

I agree with wullie about making the layout adjust to any resolution. I think it feels very cramped at the moment.

Another point would be to look at the navigation system. There is a graphic based system at the top (with the tabs and so on), and what appears to be a text navigation at the bottom. On closer inspection, the 'text' is actually a graphic too. Is this really necessary? Surely using HTML text with a carefully selected style sheet would give a similar look while giving more benefits to the end user (eg, making the navigation available to more basic browsers, helping those with poor sight adjust the size of it, and, of course, making the page download slightly faster).

The top navigation is ok, but could probably benefit from a little more contrast between the 'selected' tab and the others. As it stands, it's sometimes a little difficult to know where you are in the site. Also, on all pages other than the home page, you should make the logo a link to the home page. This is just one of those things that many people are used to, and it won't affect the design in any way.

On a more positive note, I think it's great that you have stuck to the one color scheme throughout. It gives the site a distinctive look that, hopefully, is consistent with the rest of their visual material. Also, the text is very legible and thankfully hasn't been restricted to the one size. Users with poor eyesight can enlarge the text and the layout remains clear. Just be aware that some of the graphics get moved around slightly when this is done, so that might be something worth looking at.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back