Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site review please

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thoughts -

If you are going to use images instead of text for your pop-up menu items, you must pre-load the rolled over images. Otherwise, as the cursor points to a menu item you're interested in, the item disappears! You really ought to be able to get the same effect with raw text and CSS anyway.

Use of italics on the "What people Say" page makes text difficult to read, as the font appears really jagged and broken up. Colouring the names of people and organisations blue makes them look like links, which they aren't.

-- Chris Hunt

Nice site. Here are a few comments (IE 6.0 SP1).

1)Nav buttons at the bottom of the page: your fly-out menus disappear when they change states from normal text to bold text. Nav buttons at the top keep the drop down menus visible, this hides your text on the page.

2)Home page: “Make every client feel like they are our only client. And deliver the highest quality product with maximum production efficiency.” That last line shouldn’t start with “and”.

3)Philosophy page: “weíll figure out the rest.” That should read “We’ll figure out the rest.”
“These three words sum up Artech LLCís business philosophy . . .” Should read “LLC’s”.

I notice that you are not consistent with “LLC” being trademarked or not trademarked throughout your pages.
Some of your “Back to Top” links are not working.

4)What People Say page: The quotes on the Testimonials page are inconsistent; some are in italics, while some are not.

5)Contact Us page: When you click the “Phone/Email” menu button, the page loads, but not at the very top of the page.

Here are some ideas that might help. Forgive me if someone else mentioned them already:
1) I find the pop-up menu items a bit difficult to read due to the light blue box, maybe an even lighter blue or white background will make them stand out more
2) As mentioned, the drop down menus cover the body text (a usability issue). It might be better if you design the drop down navigation to drop down only one line and view the sections across and to the right .
3) Copyright notice should also include All Rights Reserved
4) On the pages with above the fold content, there isn't really a need for "Back to Top". If you do decide to leave this in, all of the back to top links are not working. You could separate the body copy by creating separate pages (e.g., clients and testimonials have separate pages).

I hope some of this helps.

All good points. Having trouble with the interior page navigation - it will "get out of the way" when mouse is over any area in the left column. Need to put a behavior elsewhere to make it work or perhaps use a timer - didn't really want any more javascript. Any ideas?

ChrisHunt - I agree with the preload - but for some reason preloading the images made the x.js NOT work for fixing the column height - ideas?

picked up the site from our old name - have to fix consistency for sure.

I agree with everyone's text mentions about legibility - but I don't have final control over that or the copy. quite frustrating.

MadMango - especially - thanks for the grammatical fixes.

treebean - it all helps - have to check the back to tops - I guess boss is afraid someone will have a really small broswer window.

Everyone - thanks. I'm stuck at something else for a few hours - I'm going to try to incorporate what I'm "allowed" a litle later.

thanks,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back