Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site review please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromonium

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
FR
Daer Experts,

Could you guys please tell me what you think of my new site?

It's located at:

Many Regards

Adam Hadley
Fractal Impact

fractalimpact@aol.com

think I've done this a view times but,
The mouse overs on the "NEW:text only version" from blue to white is not the best. having a hover that goes to a color that you can't see really isn't appealing.

when I skipped the intro I had a new window come up which wasn't very appealing either. The new window goes to the site and the other has the thank you for visiting. suggest not doing that. seems a little messy.

MAP page I recieved a 404 server error

INDEX of clients page you have no navigation available so when you go there you can't easily get out. along with taking the tool bars etc away. another thing I wouldn't do. gets irritating to the user. I closed it for that reason and at that point could not get back to the site without reopening it. I help at your own risk, if I brake it sorry! But if I fixed it, let me know.[thumbsup2]
admin@onpntwebdesigns.com

At first glance, I thought the FI (About) was F1 (Help) so I clicked on it and then discovered it was About Fractal Impact. You might indicate this is About FI. It was only after I clicked did I see the Help button on the top navigation. I also typically look for a back / forward button at the top left, so I had to search for it. I found the blue to white gradient border around your portfolio too much, it might be cleaner with no border. Also about using the gradient border on other pages (I am sure for it's design consistency), the images and content might pop a bit more, if you didn't use the gradient. Just curious, on the catalogue page, What does "bespoke" web sites mean? I found that having to scroll down on the Catalogue Page was to much and cluttered the design. Hope these thoughts help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back