Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedger

MIS
Sep 21, 2001
GB
I "run" a number of sites for people/organisations. They all have weekly news releases to be posted to the sites. I do this for them at the moment. Frankly its not what I want to focus on.
How can I give fairly naive users access to that page only so that they can update it themselves? I understand templates etc - just can't figure the access bit.
Any help would be appreciated.

[bigglasses]

I run an Intranet and am faced with similar problems. The solution I use is to use asp and have the news items entered by them into a database which I then pull out and display.

I also show them some very simple text formatting html tags, which they enter into the body of their text.

Like < b > < i > & < br > just to give them some control with the display of their item. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back