Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site looks different after uploading to host

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammy

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
GB
Hi

I have just uploaded a website I have been working on (ASP/vbscript) to our web host where it is running on a linux box. I have built the site on a windows 2000 machine.

After uploading I have found that some of the content is in slightly different positions even though I am viewing it in the same browser on my windows machine.

Is this to be expected? I expected it to look slightly different on different browsers and have factored this in but didn't account for changes due to what OS the host server is running.

Cam

I wouldn't be surprised if the ASP version running on a Linux server was different to the Windows ASP engine - in fact I'd be quite surprised if it was

If you used Front Page to build the site, then you can expect it to look different in real life. Microsoft ASP does work a little differently than others, but that usually doesn't affect that actual look of a site unless you use a lot of scripting to build that part.

Lee

I used dreamweaver to build the site and the layout uses css and div tags. It is a real annoyance that I am going to have to adjust it for a different version of ASP.

Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back