Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Image Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisperkins

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2004
CH
I only installed Sharepoint Services last week & I am stuck on something very simple - hopefully.

I would like to put a logo instead of the standard sharepoint logo, but what location on the hard disk should the image file be stored?

Chris

Hello!

You might allready have solved this but I'll reply to it anyway. I have put all my images in the following folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\TEMPLATE\IMAGES there are all the other logos and pictures stored for WSS so this should be the place to put your own logo.

Regards,
Thomas

Hi
Thomas is spot on here, make a note of that location it is very useful to remember. Otherwise if you right click the image and look at its properties it will show something like If you look at your IIS settings under your default web site the layouts directory will show the physical directory location.
You can either edit your sharepoint services site in Frontpage to change the logo or be a bit dirty and just rename the image you want to use to home.gif and save it to the directory Thomas has mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back