Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Documentation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburger

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
GB
I've been asked to create some site doc's for our definity systems. I'm not really sure what info to include in the doc's, so I thought I would ask the experts....

What kind of info would you want/expect to be included in site documentation???

Thanks

0. Your Avaya Sold To number and 1-800-242-2121.

1. Visio Drawing of Carrier Configuration, Server Configuration, copper and fiber interconnects, etc.

2. DS1, E1, CO Trunk lists with Circuit ID's, Demarc Information, Service Providers and Emergency Outage contact information with escalation if necessary.

3. System Back-up separate from the flash.

4. Current Communications Manager Guides including:
System Management/Administration
Administration for Network Connectivity for Avaya Communication Manager
Feature Description and Implementation for Avaya Communication Manager
Reports for Avaya Communication Manager
Administrator Guide for Avaya Communication Manager
Avaya Communication Manager Basic Administration Quick Reference
Avaya Communication Manager Advanced Administration Quick Reference
Avaya Communication Manager Basic Diagnostics Quick Reference

5. Current hardware guides depending on your implementation.

6. Best Practices

7. Hardware/Software/trouble log to track issues with the system.

You can put it in the 'bulletin board' on the system so when your provider dials in they can see it there for troubleshooting.

Somewhere, either in a document or on the bulletin board (or both), you should identify what the DID number ranges are on your switches.

Kevin

I knew that I was forgetting something, thanks 4merAvaya.

I would also document IP addresses, node-names, and ip-services.

You can down a free trail version of "Doc it" from and make an electronic backup of everything in the switch. Nice to have in case you need it.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

I was just following this thread.

All great info!

There might have been a typo with that suggested link, here is the link that I believe "mikeydidit" meant to type:

However, I cannot find that document that Mike was refering to..
If anyone can point us to that document, I'd appreciate it.

The above link should get you there. I have been working (playing around on here) from home the last couple of days with this #@$% cold.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

faq690-5976

You may find some things in here under the documentation section that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back