Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Def Error...DWSiteSiteMenuPopup_NewSite...exception throw in nati

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousBDE

Technical User
Jun 13, 2002
US
I keep getting the following error when trying to create a new site definition in Dreamweaver MX v.6.0.x

While executing DWSiteSiteMenuPopup_NewSite command in menus, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred: exception throw in native function

System Info:
Win2k Pro SP4
Dreamweaver MX 6.0
site is located on a mapped network drive (not using UNC in site def setup)
copy of site located on hdd (tried creating a site def on both the network drive directly and on my local machine..same error)
Norton Antivirus Realtime Scanning has been disabled.
No Dreamweaver Extensions have been installed, we are transitioning from Microsoft Frontpage.
Site Def has never been fully created, so there is nothing to duplicate. No other site defs exist.
HDD has been reimaged.
reinstalled DW several times on several machines, same error.

someone please help, this is driving me up a wall.

If the connection key was created for a site located on a mapped network drive, the user installing that connection key may not have that same drive mapped or the drive letter may be different. In these cases the connection will fail.

Solution
When sending connection keys to users, make sure that to use the UNC (universal naming convention) path. An example of a UNC path is:

\\servername\sharename

The server name can be the name of the server or the IP address.

In order to use mapped network drives, make sure that all users have mapped the server with the same drive letter used in the connection key.

Dodge20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back