Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking quite funky so far, but all that blue and grey could be a bit drab. Maybe introduce a few other (lighter) colours?

Oh, and (if its not deliberate) you have a spelling mistake in the 'fragments of dreams' catch line - 'together' is spelt as 'togeather'.

Hope this is of some help. Good luick finishing the site Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

Thanks Nick,

I have made the suggested changes also added another dreamlette. just wanted to ask you if you have checked with different browsers? any feedback on that? Ranjan
I earn because I learn

Its nice site, but kinda drab. Designer people are creative people and are drawn to color and excitement. Id make the colors more appealing instead of the prison grey.

Just one more thing the design of the pages.. There all just straight text for top to bottom. Its like reading a legal brief (former legal asst.). Screens and screens of that blue and grey kinda hurts your eyes after awhile. U need contrast.

If you want people to return and remember your site, make the pages more visual appealing.

Not tryn to be mean on anything. Just took alot of forms design classes.

Your site doens't fit on my screen at 800 x 600

Ths site is not centered vertically on my large screen at 1024 res and sits at the top of the page.

Who is your target market? Do you think they will like it? Sites needa a bit more WOW factor.

I previewed the site on 1024*768- the menu bar at the top does not fill across the screen completely? Would look better if it did?

The black text does not go well on the purple buttons? Perhaps change the text colour to something lighter?

The images are missing on the dreamlette/scrolling area * dreamlette/draggable pop up layer dreamlette pages?

Perhaps more work on the home page? A description of dreamweaver and its capabilities?

The site is good so far. keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back