Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site check please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangbar

Programmer
Jul 23, 2001
GB
I've got to sign off on this in the next few days and I need to know how fast it's running on different machines.

I'm not too bothered about the look of the main page with the address and so forth as it's just a place holder until I get around to putting the final graphics in tomorrow. Likewise with the loading bars - they're just generic and will change in the next couple of days.

What I need to know is how smooth the animations appear to you - they look great on my Pentium 4 but they're WAY too slow on my other PC (a PII from the time before time). I've got a lot of script to tear out and optimise, I just need to know how much!

Target platform is PIII 700MHz - if it looks good there the client's happy (there's an HTML alternative for steam driven machines ;-) )

Here's the link:

intel celeron
500mhz
cable modem

tweens were ok for me wang..could be a little smoother, but not that bad..everything seemed to run ok..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Im on a 300mhz
64mb ram
T1

Loaded quickly

But the scroll was jerky it made it hard to look at.

Seems to be working fine on my old PII-350! I must admit I'm now on DSL, so it loads pretty fast, and all animations seems smooth enough! Will check it on my old 56K dial-up connection, to see differences.

A few things I noticed...

Flash frame of the loading bar outline on a refresh or a subsequent visit! Are you testing load on a first blank keyframe in your preloader?
Sound on & off button would be nice... For old folks like me!
Regarding animations, I'm a bit bugged by the slowness at which a selection will settle in the whole window. Don't think it has anything to do with my processor's speed... More in the algorithm you're probably using! IMHO, it could go set into place much faster, giving the whole thing a better feel!

Regards,
new.gif

Perfectly okay on a P4-1 gig... The scrolling might be too fast for some of the faster computers, though. I guess it depends how sensitive your mouse is...

Kevin

1100 Athlon
Gig RAM
56K UK home dial-up

Fast load.

First scroller super-smooth, a bit fast on entry with mouse not over movie.

Tweens worked perfectly, very nice dave.

Band gallery had the dreaded flicker, otherwise smooth.

I'm sure I've got a PIII 700 in the office, so I'll check it out in the morning.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

PC
900Mhz
DSL
IE5.5
Ran pretty fast on my machine. All the tweens are smooth, sometimes too fast though. Did not really like how animation of the scroll bar start immediately after loading and it moves to fast when you try making a selection.Also selection buttons are not very well defined. Other then that pretty smooth site.
Regards,
Ivan

Celeron 550

Smooth anim for the most part.

Zooming in after icon selection a tad slow. Noticed on the scroll buttons for the text box, if you click and drag off the button, then release you have a perpetual scroll.

Players scroll had a slight flicker but nothing I wouldnt expect from my machine. Otherwise scroll fairly smooth.

yes, sound on/off would be good too

good luck! The FlashGuy :)

paul.Dwinell@MitekCorp.com
Mitek Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back