Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site check mate?? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the internet, no one can hear you scream.

Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL.

That is the message I got when I clicked on your link.

Hope this helps!
colorado.gif

"Quest for the Cup - 2002!"
"Onto the 2[sup]nd[/sup] round!"

Hi mate,

Firstly, the link is broken but I found the site. [wink]

1) Typo on the models page "More Comming Soon..."

2) Disabled right click is really annoying.

3) Is there a reason that the guestbook opens in a new window??

4) Not sure if it supposed to but the Archives button does not go anywhere..

5) I personally think that the red text on the home page looks out of place..

6) The submit and reset buttons are black but the vote is grey.. They would look better if they were all the same.

Hope this helps

Wullie

I agree with wullie.

The correct URL is
You are using multiple fonts. Especially "Beanie" is not popular. Users will get the machines default instead. Try CSS and specify Beanie and something more popular.

Your What's new/News is the highest thing on the main page. It was difficult to tell what the site was about on enter. I would put your main paragraph high and move news below.

When the site is ready and complete, pay for hosting to avoid the pop up banners on every page. DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Wullie has hit the mark.

But I don't agree the red doesn't fit, I think it makes important things stand out. Use it where it is needed.

Hope this helps!
colorado.gif

"Onto the 3[sup]rd[/sup] round!"

SPYDERIX,

The reason that I said about the red text is that it is the most prominent thing on the page.

When the page loaded, the first thing I saw was 3 different dates. That is a very bad thing. The first things a visitor sees when hitting your page should be what the site is about and also how to navigate.

But I don't agree the red doesn't fit, I think it makes important things stand out. Use it where it is needed.

I wouldn't say that Name:, E-Mail: & Comment: are required to be prominent on a comment form before the person has even had a chance to look at the site.

BTW. I also agree with Deziner that the news should be lower.

Hope this helps Wullie

Hey ppl...first off, I'm sorry about the URL address, I must've typed it too fast and didn't check to see if it was correct...
Secondly, you all get a star...:)

wullie:
1) The 'Archive' button doesn't go anywhere yet...I have to wait for more info. on that link...as for the misspelled word, I will fix asap...

2) The client wanted the 'right-click' disabled...nothing I can do about that...she was verry adamant about it...

3) I see your point about the red text, I have another idea tob post the "What's New" box, lemme fix it up and maybe you (guys) can check it again...

4) The text Beanie...hmmm, what text would stand out?? I don't wanna use any standard text, like 'Arail' or 'Times New Roman', etc...but I will paly with the text...BTW, what text did you see when you saw that box?? Was it 'Beanie'??

5) The 'vote' button comes from a link forom 'Bravenet' they are hosting the poll feature...

6) As for the guestbook, i'm not sure why it loads in a new page...but i'll look into it...

DeZiner:
1) I will reposition the "What's New" and the "Aboout Us"...

2) We do have a paid hosting company from the client chose that company...

3) As wullie suggested, I will play around with the font...

SPYDERIX:
1) Thanks...all comments/suggestions help in this line of work...lol
I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

"a chane to show off your talent!"

spelling - chance!

The vote button from Bravenet is grey and you are stuck with that, so can you change the submit and reset to be grey also? to be honest the grey looks better!

Hey wullie, have you checked in NS4+?? I found out that in NS4, in the models' link, when you click on the models names the page opens in an new window, even though the syntax for the iLayer is correct...
I will get rid of the black buttons, and stick with the gray ones...:) I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

wullie,

what is wrong with the buttons. I like them.

GUJUm0deL,
2 things:

• what is with all the white space on the left, you need to fill that in with something, it is not good pulication to have that much white space, especially when it is put there. White space typically goes around the edges and not in the middle and it shouldn't be used to indent something like that.

• the only other thing I would suggest is get a new host or something, popup ads banners on free sites really annoy me, and others. If you can afford it I would suggest you do it.

Other than that, looks good.

¡Buena Suerte!
colorado.gif

"Onto the 3[sup]rd[/sup] round!"

OK, I goofed

I was talking about the top buttons those look good, the submit buttons don't.

Sorry I didn't read the part where you said that they wanted a free site.

My apologies!!!
colorado.gif

¡Buena Suerte!

SPYDERIX:
1) We do have a paid service, but I won't get a chance to upload it there for a week or so...

2) The white-spaces are there only temperaly, my client will give me more contact later on...

bluranj:
1) I checked in both a 800*600 and 1024*628 resolution, and it looks fine (I also reviewed in NS and IE5.5 and 6)...
I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Thanks it does, I had the same results... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Looks better.

How about centering the date over the Latest news table, would it look better?

Have you more content coming for the main content section? its a bit blank at the moment.

On the models page, i'm not crazy about the border on the models table. Is there a better way to present that info?

Just some thoughts..

É

endamcg-logo1b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back