Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Auto-Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbotz

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have several web-sites set up and running beautifully in IIS 5.0 on a Win2K Advanced Server. My only problem is this: when I shut down or reboot said server, I have to manually go through and re-start my FTP site and all web sites. Is there any way that I can set them up to start automatically?

The should start automatically, check that you have the W3SVC service set to automatic and not manaul under services.

I looked, and the closest thing to that service was the World Wide Web Publishing Service, which was set to manual, but started. I set to automatic, but wanted to make sure that I wasn't, perhaps, missing something else.

W3SVC is the service name for World Wide Web Publishing Service and it should be set to automatic if you want your sites to start automatically after reboots and shutdown.

Okay. I have it set to automatic. I'll test after business hours today. Thanks for all your help.

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back