Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Addressing with multiple SMTP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sQx

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2002
FI
Hello,

How do I configure Site Addressing to recognize multiple SMTP addresses, i.e. @domain-a.com and @domain-b.com ?

-sQ

Just go the the routing tab of the internet mail service connector and add the extra domain as an inbound route. As long as your DNS tables point to that server everything will work. Then add the appropriate addresses to existing recipients or make new ones.

Thanks for the answer, but that's not what I was looking for.

When you create a new mailbox the address templates in 'Email Addresses' tab are fetched from Configuration/Site Addressing and as far as I know, only one address per address type (SMTP, CC, X400, etc.) can be defined.

But I'd like to have multiple SMTP addresses defined for each user.

(The saga continues.. :)

..automatically.

-sQ

You will need to use .CSV file to import the Secondary-Proxy-Address. Do this, in Exchange Admin, use Directory-Export (Mailbox Only) to export the contents of your GAL. Next, modify the .CSV which was created for you...Delete all columns except: Obj-Class, Directory Name, Alias, Home-Server. Insert new 2ND Column with header of Mode. At end, add column Secondary-Proxy-Address. Now, for all the mailboxes you want to update, insert the approriate address into the Secondar-Proxy-Address column. In the Mode column for each mailbox, insert Modify. Save file (you can/should delete all mailboxes from file that will not be updated).

Now, back in Exchange Adm Pgm, Directory Import (only servers in current site, modify .CSV file for all sites), make sure MULTIVALUED PROPERTIES is set to Append.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back