Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Addressing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzy

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have a question and hope that someone can shed some light.

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP6a with Exchange SP4 on a single server. Under the site addressing properties I have an SMTP address @exchange.mycompany.com. But our e-mail addresses are @mycompany.com. When I create a new Exchange account I have to enter a SMTP address for user @exchange.mycompany.com and user@mycompany.com in order for them to receive outside e-mails. If I omit the user@exchange.mycompany.com the account no external e-mails come in.

Can I change the site addressing SMTP entry from @exchange.mycompany.com to @mycompany.com?

--Ingo

This sounds like a problem with your Domain mx records, check with your ISP that you have MX records registered correctly for mycompany.com, it sounds like the mx records you are using are on exchange.mycompany.com

The more you know, the more you realise there is to know....
CCNA MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back