Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Unconditional Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaderi1

MIS
Jan 11, 2012
US
Good Day!
I am having an issue with Unconditional Forwards on my Phonepower.com SIP trunk. What happens is the second leg on the call, the forward, doesn't complete due to Phonepower.com sending a cancel on the first leg of the call because it is not seeing the call progress fast enough. When working with, and I use that term loosely, with Phonepower they said that the PBX should be sending early media back while it tries to complete the second leg of the call.

I have an IPO 5v2, running 9.0.4.0 build 965. I am not sure what settings, if any, can be modified within the SIP line setup to adjust for this particular type of signaling request that Phonepower is looking for.

Thank you!
Denny

I'm a little nervous that this went an entire day without a reply, that's generally not a good sign ;-)

I really could use some help with this one...

Sorry you SLAs were not satisfactorily met sir. Have you checked if your account with us in credit?

You may wish to check your ARS route for your SIP trunk.
Make your short code N; not just N
Dial
N"@SIP.ISP.ADDRESS.HERE"

Dulce et decorum pro Avaya mori

@holdmusic34 Thank you for the tips. And I was being sarcastic, the community here is fantastic! Thank you to everyone who even takes a moment to read the posts here and reply. It's very much appreciated!

I did indeed check that my N shortcode is N;
My ARS route is fairly straight forward but I am not sure I could recognize an issue causing the Unc. Forward to fail.

Well you're not going to pass through the information to the SIP provider until after you pass through the ars form anyway.

Do you have any data in your Manager> Line> Prefixes section?
Those digits will be stripped from the start of a number if recognised.

Have a look at an ars filter in monitor and have a look at what you're sending to the provider.

Dulce et decorum pro Avaya mori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back