Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh3572

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
Does anyone have a cheat sheet for configuring SIP trunks on IP Office.

PhoneLady

Everyone does SIP different...OR...the SIP providers claim the IPO is different. You are going to have to work direct with the provider you pick to get it to work.

There are doc about set up from Avaya, but they are worthless.

Basically it is not that difficult:

You must have the following information available
SIP FQDN
SIP IP Address
SIP Security credentials
SIP Portnumber to be used ( default = 5060 )

The customers firewall MUST forward the SIP port number to IP Office for incoming traffic

Then setup the SIP line form and fill in the SIP data as received from the SIP provider, give the line a unique incoming and outgoing LineID
Make a IP Route to the SIP IP Address in IP Office
Make a shortcode were the TN = ."@SIP FQDN" and you are almost done
After you entered the data reboot IP Office.
IP Office monitor is usefull to trace SIP traffic to see what happens.

The IP Office is different - think of it as more emulating a PRI over SIP. It doesn't work well with providers where you have to register each number - emulating POTS over SIP.

kh3572,
If you are in the USA
E-mail me at(first letters) dee zee dee oh zee at cox dot net and I will send you an example on how to do it.
Programming the ip office is easy, the hard part was programming the firewall to allow SIP traffic.
Programming SIP is alot like programming a PRI T1.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

Just today I did SIP with broadvox. Went well but there were a few things they specifically had to tell me to get it done. I'm telling you, you have to talk to the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back