Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2008
US
I've recently been loosing sales to phone system vendors who provide VoIP via a DSL, Cable or Fios connection. From what I've heard it is a SIP connection. These are not hosted solutions or something for your house like Vonage, but rather an inexpensive way to provide 4 to 8 lines without using traditional pots lines or an expensive T1 SIP solution.

My now ex customer let me take a look at their new switch, it is a 3com Asterisk with 11 phones and six channels for voice. The quality is great, I made calls to multiple locations and I could talk toll free to their Midwest office.

I have been connecting MPLS T1s and SIP T1s to the BCM line. Also, the MPLS circuits coming out of the Cisco router that prioritizes the voice traffic. But these circuits are way to expensive for the BCM50 client who only needs 5 lines?

Just curious of who provides these types of circuits, the cost and how the quality is outside of my own one experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back