Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunks between BCMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

canflyguy

Technical User
Jul 25, 2018
CA
I've been experimenting with a setup that I'm trying to put in place, but have most of it sorted, but wanted to know if I'm chasing an impossibility?? If I call forward an incoming call across a SIP trunk to another BCM, it shows the incoming CLID of the caller, which is expected. I'm wondering if there's a way when you've answered and transferred a call from one BCM to another to pass the incoming caller ID from the source caller to present to the transferred station? I understand when you initially call the other station over the SIP trunks in between, but if you either blind transfer or hang up can the source caller id be presented? I've turned on Enable Connected Identity, but that doesn't seem to make a difference?

Try IP Trunk/General/IP Trunk Settings/Forward Redirected OLI, make it Last Redirect.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm pretty sure I had it set for last redirect originally and changed it to first redirect just to see if it would make a difference. I've switched it back and will test in the morning. Although, I'm pretty sure either way it showed the originating CLID on a call forwarded call, but the station set ID on a transfered call. I don't know if monitoring some other window on BCM Monitor would allow me to see the SIP traffic invites etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back