Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunks and V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

suejoan

Technical User
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi,
Just set up some new sip trunks on an IP500 V1 running V5 software, trunks seems ok but if not used for say over an hour incoming calls stop working and don't even hit site according to monitor trace. When someone on site uses the lines to dial out incoming starts working again. I have a second SIP service on the same system from a different provider and this works fine all the time even when not used for a long period. I have reported to the provider but just wanted to check Ive not missed anything.

Thanks

Check if there are any "keep alive" settings. I don't recall if they are any in R5 specifically, they may be there. If so, set them to about 30-60s.

I found this under "Firewall NAT Type" under System>Lan Network Topology tab.

Restricted Cone NAT: A restricted cone NAT is one where all requests from the same internal IP address and port are mapped to the same external IP address and port. Unlike a full cone NAT, an external host (with IP address X) can send a packet to the internal host only if the internal host had previously sent a packet to IP address X. SIP packets needs to be mapped. Responses from hosts are restricted to those that a packet has been sent to. So if multiple ITSP hosts are to be supported, a keep alive will need to be sent to each host. If this type of NAT/Firewall is detected or manually selected, no warning will be displayed for this type of NAT.

I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back