Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunking From LEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUCHIMAMA

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
US
Hey Folks, I was wondering if anyone has had any involvement with SIP trunking from a LEC on BCM400 4.0 One of our customers has a Verizon rep wanting to sell them a SIP circuit with DID's for a fraction of the price of their PRI they currently have.

I personally am embarrassed to say that this type of service from a LEC is new to me. I have only working on SIP trunking between BCM's not from a provider.

So I guess my question does anyone know if it is supported on the 400 yet from Nortel's side. Is it a Key code driven item like the gateways? Also, does it work. Any info would be appriated.

Support Our Troops

Is it supported on the 50 or the new 450.

Support Our Troops

According to AT&T, they support IP flex via direct IP to BCM 200/400 release 4.0 and BCM 50 3.0 using SIP. No word on the 450 that I ever saw. I'm not sure how Verizon's offering differs.

I've had a few customers go the IP Flex route, but they get the router from AT&T which gives the BCM a NI2 PRI interface. Might want to see if Verizon offers the router option. If so, then you just need a PRI interface in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back