Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk will not register

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrifile

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
I setup trixbox, had everything working, then took it to the production location and it would not register with broadvoice. I took it back home, reinstalled and am having the same problem, i cannot make outbounds and inbounds do not work either.

Host Username Refresh State Reg.Time
sip.broadvoice.com:5060 1112223333@s 120 Unregistered

it seems as if i just cannot register with BV. All usernames and pw's have been checked again and again over the last two days.

How or where do I look to find out why it is not registering with broadvoice? any help to get me started here would be appreciated.
Paul

1. Are you using NAT behind a firewall?

Make sure you have correct settings in Trixbox for NAT. I doubt this is the issue. Problems here usually result in one way audio, not registration problems.

2. DNS It is possible your machine can not resolve sip.broadvoice.com to an IP address. Ask Broadvoice for an ip address to replace sip.broadvoice.com and replace it throughout your trunk settings.

Thanks Busster, I will try and replace sip.broadvoice.com.

I'm not very familiar with linux but have been playing around, is there a way to tell if the system is able to resolve to sip.broadvoice.com? Would "Pinging" sip.broadvoice.com from the trixbox box tell me?

Thanks for the help!

Paul

Sorry, forgot to answer the first part....I am not using NAT.

yes, exactly. Would try to ping sip.broadvoice.com. Had a similar experience couple of weeks ago with Broadvox. Had to put in ip address as opposed to URL.

FYI - here in house when I ping sip.broadvoice.com I am getting a reply from 147.135.32.221

I would register to the ip address is the url is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back