Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip trunk up but channels down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkoba

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2011
US
I have a SIP trunk which shows Line Service State as In service but it has 10 channels that are all out of service.

The system has 10 SIP session licenses reserved.

The SBC is up.

Where is this configured?

Thanks for your help.

Ashley

IP Office Server Edition 10.1 (Virtual)
400 users
Silverpeak Edge Connect Hybrid WAN
30 Sites

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5f0958d3-670b-4dda-9c3a-0bb76fba9793&file=sip_channels.png
That means the SIP trunk is set to in service on the IPO, but is not getting a response to the options packets that the IPO sends out to the provider. You can try turning off the options messages by unticking Check OOS on the SIP trunk, but from my experience 99% of the time this makes no difference as the reason the options fail is a badly configured firewall, which if that is the case would stop the line from working anyway.

| ACSS SME |

I turned off OOS and it comes up. what does that say about the configuration?

Thanks

Ashley

IP Office Server Edition 10.1 (Virtual)
400 users
Silverpeak Edge Connect Hybrid WAN
30 Sites

It says your options are either not getting to/from your ipo to the abc, or the abc you are talking to doesn’t do option messages.

With OOS off do calls work, if so it’s probably the latter, if they don’t then it’s probably the former.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back