Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk to IVR Caller ID Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemr2

Vendor
Sep 5, 2006
US
I'm having an issue passing caller ID from a PRI to a SIP trunk connected to an IVR. When the ICR rings directly to the IVR it is seeing the inbound caller ID correctly. Problem is, the call needs to first ring a hunt group first. While they are hearing the queued call greeting, I have setup a transfer to the IVR for a callback feature. The IP Office is using the group extension number, instead of the PRI line caller ID when it sends the call to the IVR. The short code I'm using is just 288xx, dial, ., SIP trunk line group ID. The call routes correctly in the IVR. IP Office 500 V2 11.1. Any ideas how to correct? Thanks.

I would imagine something else needs to control the call, like Voicemail Pro Flow you could collect the CLID into a user Variable for use later and then control the queue from there, can it go to the IVR first and then that treats the call back to the queue and controls the timeout so is aware of the OCLI?

I've tried ringing directly to the IVR, and have it ring out to the group, but the same thing happens. When the call gets redirected back to the IVR, it still shows the group extension. I thought there was a setting "prioritize line, or prioritize group" but that might be on another phone system, as I can't find it in Manager anywhere. I'm wondering if changing the SIP URI will have any effect. Now it's just basic, everything set to Auto.

What type of IVR is it can it control the timeout as in it transfers to the group but remains in the call and if it is not answered in x seconds it controls the next overflow?

It looks like I have found a solution. If I transfer the call to a group with 1 member, call forward that member to a short code, short code pointing to a VM start point (VM Pro), then use that start point to transfer it to the IVR, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back