Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP TRUNK SETUP PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanning

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
Hi,

Has anyone setup a SIP Trunk on the new ip 500 , i am using AQL

IPO 500 4.0.5
sip.aql.com

Yes i did, besides of the firewall no problem (with the help from Brad).

What is the problem? I think the documentation is pretty good about SIP.

The problem i have is i am not sure if the ISP has provided all the options and there is also that i may not have the SIP licence ,but the help files in manager state SIP trunks are allowed with standard edition on the ip 500 i have the pro and the networking licence.

The ip0 is 192.168.42.1
My ADSL Router is 192.168.42.10

Followed the instructions as per T.B. 80 with the exception of the ITSP Ip address , it was not provide and i am still waiting for AQL to confirm. However i used the ip address of the domain name sip.aql.com.

I used port 5082 as per AQL, but when run stun the ports the outbound port is 5060 and the in bound is 3474.
Its possible i may have a firewall issue too.

Since i am not sure where my problems lies i hope you might be able to shade some light.

1. Not sure if its ITSP problem
2. Not sure if ip licence problem
3. Not sure if a firewall issue

SIP onlyworks with a license

read this

2.4 IP Office 500 Standard Edition / Professional Edition
By default the IP Office 500 control unit runs a subset of the full IP Office functionality called IP Office Standard Edition. In this mode the IP Office 500 is restricted to a maximum of 32 users (32 Analog extensions maximum, 24 Digital Station ports maximum, 32 IP extensions maximum or a combination of all types of extension ports) in the base control unit with no support for expansion modules.
IP Office Standard Edition supports Embedded Voicemail, Phone Manager Lite/Pro/PC Softphone, SoftConsole, TAPI, SMDR, CBC, SIP Trunking and IP DECT by adding the optional licenses where relevant.

Thank you for clariying point 2, it appears the help file in manager is wrong look for sip and it shows you a table and against Standard Edition it shows a green tick against sip and ip dect.

I am sure many will fall foul with the some of the docs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back