Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Provider in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmol

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I have a client in the UK looking for a reliable SIP Trunk provider that has worked on IPO systems. They are located in the Berkshires and we would support the IP Office programming.

Have a look at Gamma sip-trunks as they are an Avaya Devconnect partner.

Their head office is actually in Newbury, Berkshire but location doesn't really matter for SIP.

There are alternatives that don't require the security compromises/policies Gamma force on you.

If it's low cost of calls over reliabilty you want, then go for it :)

Voiceflex is a good platform, and we have lots of customers using them.

Voiceflex, Gamma, TalkTalk are the 3 we use.

Voiceflex was first and we have slowed down our usage of them, but they are still great for some international numbers and ease of use.
Gamma is our main provider - not had any issues with security compromises/policies different to any other provider and they offer bundled minutes plus enchanced (dual SBC setups).
Talk Talk we are just trialling, but first impressions are good and they supposedly offer excellent international number options.

| ACSS SME |

Gamma have had 3 outages in the last month or so, 2 of which the enhanced build would not have helped with. You have to port forward or use an SBC to use them, you don't with the other providers we use.
Others offer the same bundle as Gamma now, but also cheaper.
They aren't the devil or anything, but they aren't exactly great, and you don't get any monitoring/diagnostic tools with them either :)

HI guys,

Sorry to jump on this thread.

Pep77 and amriddle01, do you have the steps at all for configuring the Avaya IP Office with the Gamma Enhanced SIP at all please?

Trying to find a guide on the config.

Was unsure if it is just two separate SIP lines and then ARS fallback to the second SIP line or if more is involved with SIP options and messages etc.

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Google found the answer to your quest.

BUT

please for future questions open a new thread

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Hi Westi,

Thank you for the prompt response.

That document is an old document and defines the single SIP configuration.

I was enquiring to see if anyone had configured the Enhanced SIP build offered by Gamma and if it was using two separate SIP lines and ARS fallback or one SIP line, multiple IPs etc.

I will Open a new thread just in case.

Thank you again for your swift reply and appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back